Bored At Work

Sometimes I wonder why I do the things I do ... (Insert evil laugh here.) And then I remember.

____________________________________________________

From: Stacey
Sent: Thursday, January 06, 2005 3:42 PM
To: John
Subject: Inclement Weather

Dear John,

This is not a "Dear John" letter ... Though it does give off that appearance.

Have you looked outside recently? It's looking MIGHTY DANGEROUS!!!

Toni thinks we should LEAVE EARLY. We (Not to be confused with the ROYAL "WE" but the combined forces of Toni, myself and those who shall not be named though I'm sure you can guess who they are if you give it even a moments thought) think it's absolutely imperative to CLOSE due to INCLEMENT WEATHER. (I ask again, have you looked outside recently?)

What do YOU think?

Check YES or no ...

[ ] YES
[ ] YES

Sincerely,
Stacey & the rest of the idiots at this end of the hall

_______________________________________________________

From: John
Sent: Thursday, January 06, 2005 3:52 PM
To: Stacey
Subject: RE: Inclement Weather

Being the sympathetic boss that I am, and loathing the idea of carrying the weight of your untimely passing on my conscience, my answer is ... YES. Wait ... I changed my mind ... No.

________________________________________________________

Geesh ... Some people have all the nerve!

4 comments:

Orbling said...

Ah, what a nasty man. ;)

I assume you have similar laws to us regarding cold days, there are minimum office temperatures otherwise they have to send everyone home. Mind you that's *inside* temperatures. If the door has 6ft of snow against it, that doesn't appear to matter - at least not during office hours. LOL

Reama said...

I came across your blog through Chloe. Isn't she amazing?
Well I think you're hilarious, so I'll probably keep reading, unless I don't... but I probably will.
Reama
www.reamaturnstricks.blogspot.com

KC said...

To some people snow is a four letter word. To others well, not so much. I will however persevere, despite the fact that my car was parked out in the back forty and it took me 20 minutes to de-ice it that night when my boss proved himself to be heartless. Unusual since he's orignally from the South and should be afflicted with a healthy fear of winter weather. Oy.

As for my newest reader, I hope to provide you with a few more laughs. Easy to do, since I usually average one stupid thing done per week ...

Desolation said...

haha..
I tot it sounded remarkably like bridget jone's diary heehee

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs