And a good Sunday morning to you too.

Today is going to be SO much fun, as today marks day one of "preparing" for Mom's impending arrival. Which means that any little secret stash of hidden away whatever, needs to be unearthed and dealt with accordingly. See you later pack rat tendencies.

KC is still upstairs sleeping, unusal as normally she's the first to wake on a Sunday morning. But today it's me and I am enjoying the solitude of the moment. Earlier, I watched while I drank my morning cup of cocoa, a mama robin feeding her baby bird, from the comfort of my porch.

My feeders normally attract all sorts of birds, as well as a resident squirrel, I have named Buddi. Most bird enthusiasts I know, and granted I don't know that many, think of squirrels as bothersome pests, disrupting the daily routine at the bird feeder. They go about thinking all sorts of crazy ways to prevent the squirrels from getting to the feed, that they never take time to consider the easiest one. Which is just to feed the damn squirrels at the same time. This way they eat, leave your feeders alone and everyone goes home happy.

But I'm not like most bird watchers. Sure, I think birds are cute and interesting in a birdish sort of way, but my whole purpose of putting out the feeders, was not to amuse myself but my cat. I figured that by giving Emma something to do, while we're away at work and school, it would keep her from getting into too much trouble on her own. I remember when we first got her, she was a complete lunatic, racing from one end of the house to the other and constantly running into walls ... Not that anything has changed along those lines, but at least now she has birdvision to break up her day.

KC has finally awoken and is now settled admist the pillows on the couch, cuddled up tight in her blanket. And yes, the cartoons are already on. She looks so sweet now, that I haven't the heart to tell her todays plan just yet. Wait until she finds out her room is one of the things on my agenda this morning. She's going to be one very unhappy little camper. Oh well, you can't have a visit from Grandma without paying the price. (Note: Just kidding Mom.)

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs