Who needs an alarm clock, when you have the birds outside your window to wake you up. The little bastards were singing away this morning, as if they were an all bird chorus practicing for a night at Carnegie Hall. Even though it was way too early to be conscious, no matter how much I tried to shut my eyes and fall back to sleep, it wasn't to be.

This is what I get for sleeping with the window open last night! And to think that all I wanted was just a little fresh air. Those birds should just consider themselves lucky my bedroom is upstairs, otherwise I would have set Emma upon them to break her morning fast. It would have beenthe 2003 remake of Bye Bye Birdie.

Yesterday at work was a fun day, and it all was on account of Linda's lunch. It's amazing what happens when you get a bunch of women together and pull out a cucumber ... Well, women who all have an excessive abundance of humor anyway. The few men in the office wisely chose to hide out in their offices upon hearing the unearthly cackling, though one brave soul was sent down as a representative to gather information.

I never knew someone could turn so red over a cucumber. Although perhaps I should blame the conversation that he chose to overhear. Which was something along the lines of a final understanding of why "C", who will be leaving us, as of this Friday to enjoy a life of leisure, managed to snag a husband kind enough to tell her that she didn't need to work if she didn't want to. I believe the exact comment was something about the relative size of the cucumber to her mouth ... Evidently that was the key to early retirement.

Comments that I can't bring myself to type here, continued to be bantered about the room until "G", one of the sales managers yelled out from his office, for someone to please come and explain to him the exact nature of our conversation. That was my cue to head in the other direction and back to my office. I get in enough trouble on my own without having to explain "L's" theory on cucumbers.

So much for the power of cheese.

Oh well, time now to get ready for another exciting day at the office. Who knows what "L" will be bringing for lunch today.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs