Hmmm ... What a very weird night of dream manifestations, ranging from a black puppy named Socrates, 2 Siamese kittens and their brooding mama, KC missing the bus, and me having a conversation with about 80 million people gathered around, while wearing nothing but a blanket! This however, was not even the tip of the iceberg, since waterskiing on giant flat fish, seems a bit out of the ordinary. As well as me hanging out in some of the poshest digs, that I have ever seen and being proposed to by a gorgeous dream man, who gets down on bended knee and slides the biggest strawberry known to man, onto my ring finger! Who could blame me for saying, "I do"? I think Brian Adams might have been hanging out in my dreams too, but I can't be sure.

So today is supposed to be a day of excitement! I'm just waiting now, for it not to be so early, before calling Brenda. I have this mother ingrained belief system, that there are appropriate times to call someone as well as inappropriate times. In my mother's household, anything before 8 a.m. was rude and anything after 9 p.m. had better have been emergency related.

I've carried this belief sometimes to the extreme since being out on my own. I remember one time, when my oldest sister Amy, tried to fix me up with some guy named Theo. A nice gesture, I am sure, but one that failed to meet expectations. Perhaps she should have clued the poor soul, (although what I really meant to type was moron) that when calling a girl for the very first time, one does not want to do that anytime after 11:00 at night. This was the extent of the call ...

Theo: Hi is Stacey there?

Me: Do you know what time it is?

Theo: Is this Stacey?

Me: Do you know what time it is?

Theo: Your sister told me I should call.

Me: Do you know what time it is?

Theo: Umm, well it's a little after 11.

Me: Goodnight.

In my defense here for acting like the world's biggest bitch, (which I have been referred to as, on more than one occasion by people with a bug in their shorts) KC, who was only 2 at the time, was woken up by the phone call. What momma wouldn't be mad? Needless to say, that blind date was over before it even began.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs