I have read all the books, I have seen the light but I just can't get beyond the chaos that has become my home. (Chaos, an acronym described by the FlyLady as "Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome") When, oh when, did I lose control? I'll go ahead and guess about 7 years ago, however in the last 2 weeks things have just gotten crazy.

You see, it all started with the kitchen sink. That was my first plan of attack. But I fell victim to procrastination, and when I wasn't looking she snuck right in and whispered into my ear, "Sit ... relax ... there's always tomorrow ... and the day after that, and that, and the next day" and I think you get my drift here. Tomorrow comes alright, but my motivation has got up, gone, and sent me a postcard from Tahiti entitled "Wish You Were Here" ...

And I do wish I was there, because being here is like being stuck in the middle of the ocean with no boat, no paddles and not a life jacket in site, waiting for a Great White to come bite my feet off. (Am I the only one who still clings to the childhood fear that somewhere in the depths of the swimming pool a shark is just waiting for an opportunity? Damn Jaws!) But here I am, typing away on my computer because I hadn't yet blogged today and that my friends, is always an excuse to skip the domestic chores. Did I mention that procrastination and I, are very close friends?

Oh well, time to make the doughnuts.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs