Little Bits of ...

It's appearing that KC is going to have a snow day today considering the amount of snow we've been getting hit with through the night and the more expected to come this morning. Her school however is still hanging on to a sign of delay, though I'm guessing that will change soon enough despite the unusual sound of plows going down our road this morning.

And I'm a bit jealous really. I have no desire to go to work or brave the cold long enough to get there. Well other than to show everyone my better late than never vacation pictures and change the photos out in my office. But work? No, not really. No thanks. I can think of something much better to do today.

Heck. I almost called in yesterday. But then again when Brenda called and said she wasn't going in and I should come over to play hookey right along with her, I almost made it a done deal. Until I remembered some of the work I'd left on my desk and had to get done, and my stupidity from the night before when I left without my purse. Do you have any idea what a woman goes through when she realizes she's left her purse somewhere? It's like being separated from yourself. I kid you not. Thank goodness I had time that night to call the office and ask one of my friends to retrieve it and lock it up. I don't think I would have been able to sleep if it had been left out in the open.

Anyhoo, I'm supposed to be getting ready and not typing away on this thing. I've actually been on time all week to work, and I'm not about to break my longest record ever now.

As for the comment feature, there's still a few bugs. For those of you who have attempted to leave a comment to no avail, please try again and let me know if you're still experiencing technical difficulties. I may not be able to fix them, but at least I've a gift for complaining ...

6 comments:

Ron Simpson said...

Sitting at my desk at work .. looking over the emptiness that will soon be filled with teenage boys in the apex of immaturity with boundless energy .. and I am shickled titless that the comment feature is up and running again .. have a good one .. or if you are reading this after the day is done .. hope ya had a good one

Orbling said...

We may possibly get our first snow of the year on Sunday, though I'll believe that when I see it.

I left my mobile at work once on a Friday night, that was exceptionally annoying. Couldn't receive any phone calls all weekend, and it has my numbers in it. Argh.

Well done on the punctuality issue, most impressive. :)

KC said...

Ron ... Glad to hear your shickled titless. I was a bit concerned at first, but I can see now that this must be a good thing. :)

ST ... Hawaiian Punch can be a good thing. Here's hoping your weekend was just as fruitful.

Orb ... Now would be a good time for me to own up to the fact that I was 8 minutes late on Friday. Ahhh, yet another record down the drain.

GL ... It is indeed my mini me posted there. I go to NC at least once or twice a year. My Mom lives there, so I've plenty of incentive to go. I'll have to ring you the next time I find myself in your neck of the woods.

Orbling said...

Well I dare say that still beats any record I've managed. The only way I ever get anywhere on time is to make sure I'm very early.

When getting a job I make sure they offer super-flexitime. ie. the boss must allow 9-5 to mean 12-8 on a daily basis. :$

KC said...

If only they would let me work from home ... Ah who am I kidding? I'd be flat out on the couch all day with a good book.

Orbling said...

Sounds pretty good to me, you should badger your manager about it at the earliest possible convenience. ;)

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs