VD: Fun With Acronyms

My Mom is the shiznet!

Not only did my Mom make KC's day by sending a goody package for Valentine's Day -that actually got here on Valentine's Day - but she was extra kind to include a surprise for me as well. And I have to be honest with you all here, when it comes to surprises I am never one to say you shouldn't have. In fact, my turn of phrase around my office is, "Oh. Are you going somewhere?" followed by a dramatic pause and my staple saying, "Don't forget to bring me back a surprise!"

And so I'm happily typing away in my new pajamas. Turquoise blue tank top and lime green bottoms. Feeling all sorts of warm, fuzzy and happy as I prepare to think about making our favorite - pastina - soup for dinner tonight. Oh to wish someone else could serve the time in the kitchen and just bring me out a steaming bowl ...

Yeah right.

But seriously I had a WONDERFUL day today. And it's amazing that I had a much better time with V's Day than I did last year when I was with "he who shall no longer be named" ... It was a refreshing relief.

I did however have an honorary Valentine ... Thanks Orb for volunteering!

To all of you out there who know I love you more than lima beans, take care of yourselves, think happy thoughts and for goodness sake send me an email every once in a while so I know you're alright.

5 comments:

Orbling said...

Glad you had a good day, full of fuzzies. :)

You know I'd cook soup for you if you wanted. ;)

Your mum's a star, though we knew that. Those little packages really make peoples' day.

There was a young lady on the bus, and she was opening a package from her mum. Obviously lives a long way from family. She had little presents, and a lovely card - she was ecstatic. Which made me smile. [Yes, I was being nosey, listening in to conversations, but at least I have the decency to do it discreetly from a distance. ;)]

Mind you that was topped by some man proposing to his long term partner in the cinema after a film. They turned off the credits, gave him a mike and he got their kids down the front with him (making an honest woman of her I assume), and did the whole proposal bit. She said yes, I clapped.

Curiously, I had lima beans in my dinner tonight, I quite liked them.

KC said...

I am a major people watcher ... I love sitting quietly somewhere and just watching how people interact with each other, the things they do and say when they think no one else is really listening. (All done in a non stalker-ish way of course.) And it's interesting to wonder about them, like you're woman in the theatre, sometime after I had seen the event, I would think of her and try to picture how the rest of their story unfolded.

In other news, the cats just spilled a 1000 piece puzzle that KC has been working on for the past two days. This is bad.

Feel free to make me soup any night of the week ... Just leave out the lima beans. :)

TammyJ said...

Glad to know I am not the only one that would picture "the rest of the story" I have done that all my life and thought I was strange.. well if I am .. I am in good company at least.. glad to hear your V-day went well.. oh yeah.. Still having strange dreams here.. last nights I was on the space shuttle.. don't ask.. have a great day.. and have fun with the kitty.. the DUDE is at this moment trying to walk on the keyboard so I will pet him...

TammyJ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Orbling said...

I have tended to spend a lot of my time on public transport over the years, stuck in jams during rush hour, or flying along in the black of night. Always staring out of the window at the people or buildings [or more often trees] that I pass. Natural curiousity often gets the better of me, good thing I'm not a cat.

Though I can't do this in summer, which sucks. Have to keep my eyes closed everywhere in summer, too dangerous to open the eyes - not enough clothing on people, can't look anywhere.

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs