Scattered Reflections

To: Stacey
Sent: Friday, February 25, 2005 12:20 PM
From: Jake
Subject: ---

So when you winked (or didn't as you say) the switch went off in me to do it back. I saw you (or thought I did)loosen up a little, which you usually don't do in that respect with me. And it was nice. You are guarded at times about your sensitivity, but being friends with you, I know that beneath the surface - more than you say at times - you are much more sensitive about things than you let on.

From: Stacey
Sent: Friday, February 25, 2005 12:31 PM
To: Jake
Subject: RE ---

You’re ruining my theory you know … I’ve worked long and hard to make it downright difficult, if not near impossible for people to see beneath the surface. Although I didn’t realize you were aware of all that, as much as I now see that you are. Kind of scary really. It’s like shutting the window and being left to wonder what it is other people see when they look inside. Damn …

I don’t I don’t know why In your Boys life you become like a bull like a bull in a china shop Smash it up into smithereens

There you there you go again Breaking Breaking porcelain Is that all I am just a Doll you got used to We've done We've done this before as Mars sauntered through his door Don't say it's time to say Goodbye to Pisces Goodbye to Pisces

I cried and I washed my tears that turned into diamond Ice into ice and if it could freeze My heart wouldn't float away

There we There we go again Breaking Breaking porcelain Is that all we are just Dolls we've got used to We've done We've done this before as Mars sauntered through his door Don't say it's time to say Goodbye to Pisces Goodbye to Pisces

So how how will I go Back on Back on the shelf with a smile with a smile to the customer and say on sale by the owner Here I Here I go again Breaking Breaking porcelain Is that all I am just a Doll you got used to We've done We've down this before as Mars sauntered through his door Don't say it's time to say Goodbye to Pisces Goodbye to Pisces Goodbye my Pisces


- Tori Amos, Goodbye Pisces track 17 on The Beekeeper


Sensitive hearts are broken easily. The child who tries to please and fails. The woman who believes and is betrayed.

5 comments:

Orbling said...

Men get broken hearts too.

No matter what armoury a person puts on themselves, a sensitive and determined viewer will eventually see through to the core.

KC said...

Broken hearts do seem to be a bit universal ...

As for the armor ... Still trying to lose it though it's a bit embedded after all these years.

Orbling said...

Armour will shake off the majority of hits, but as I say, it's irrelevent to anyone worthwhile - so don't worry about getting rid of it. It'll slacken on it's own.

KC said...

Sooner rather than later would be my choice. But we'll have to wait and see about that.

Orbling said...

You're only young, no need to rush such things.

All good things come to those who wait.

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs