If there was one person out there in this world who would choose not to rain on my parade, would you please come and introduce yourself to me.

Sometimes I get so tired of my family. Everyone always has something to say, some small way to critique everything I do. I'm desperate for a vacation from it all.

It seriously stresses me out.

I just spent the last 15 minutes trying to pull myself back together from an emotional melt down after my father called to share with me his current predictions of gloom and doom. Evidently, he's been talking to Amy, the high priestess herself of Stacey can't have anything better than me so I better convince our Father to give her the you can't be serious about that speech.

I got distraught and ended up choking on my tears, trying to mumble my way through a conversation since words at that point were evading me. Silence on my part which allowed my Father to ramble on with his well rehearsed you really need to think about what you're getting yourself into chat, as if I was the first person ever on the entire face of the planet to consider taking out a car loan!

I stood there standing in my kitchen shell-shocked, wishing that there was some way to hang up the phone without coming off as rude and disrespectful, but realizing there was nothing I could do but just try to get through the phone call.

It's these kind of calls I can do without, making me feel like a wayward child in need of a little guidance, when all I need is a little support.

I need to move away. Somewhere far away from my family, where they aren't a measly mile down the road, where they aren't a 10 minute drive away. Somewhere where I could make a decision based on what I want and not what everyone else wants for me.

Somewhere where I would be respected for the woman that I am, the provider and caretaker of my own little family, with goals, dreams and aspirations of my own, far removed from my family tree.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs