I hate being forced onto the phone, like KC did to me tonight.

"Here Mom!" she yelled, pushing the phone against my ear. "Talk to Mikeala's mom."

I stood there with a puzzled look on my face, wondering when my interaction with this conversation became a requirement. I took the phone.

"Hello." I said tentatively, waiting for a reply.

"This is Cheryl ... Mikeala's mom. Mikeala was telling me that your daughter and her, both ride the same bus. Do you live on Blank-ity blank Road?"

"As a matter of fact, yes." I replied. "We live in between this and that road."

"Oh, well we live at the other end toward the big farm, in the new blue house. Do you know where that is?"

I paused for a moment.

"You don't happen to sell Christmas trees do you?" I asked.

"That would be us." She answered.

"Hmmm ... I know exactly where you are then, I bought my Christmas tree from you all last year."

"Well, Mikeala is all excited. All she has been talking about is getting together with KC. Evidently the two girls have really hit it off. So we were hoping that KC might be able to ride the bus home Thursday night, and visit for a few hours after school."

KC was practically drooling on my shoes. I cupped the phone with my hand to give her the quiet it down Mom look.

"That wouldn't be a problem." I said into the phone, watching as KC broke out into full happy dance mode in the middle of the dining room.

"Calm down." I mouthed to her, trying to listen to what the other Mom had to say.

"Well, ok." I said again into the phone, coming to an agreement of what time KC would need to be home. "It was very nice talking to you. Have a good night."

I hung the receiver up, watching helplessly as my dinner preparations went boiling over onto the stove. So much for that, I thought to myself, turning to grab a paper towel to wipe up the mess and start again.

** I almost forgot it was Tuesday! A little bad news on the WL front ... Up 1/2 lb! Damn those mozzarella sticks! I just couldn't say no! **

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs