A slight miscalculation on my part, has me up and about early this morning, to start the return week to work.

I should have realized last night, as I was setting my alarm, that something looked a little off kilter. Glancing at the clock, I felt a small twinge on the nerve of my consciousness, but decided since I was already comfortable and warm beneath the blankets, that getting out of bed to check the time would be a fruitless endeavor.

As the law of fruitless endeavors go, when you get up to check, nothing at all is wrong, but of course the reverse is also true. When you don't get up to check, you can bet your booty that your small twinge of whatever, was right on the money.

So imagine, if you will, my surprise when coming downstairs this morning and switching on the tele to watch my morning news and being greeted by a face I didn't recognize.

Now I'm not talking about a stalker in the middle of my living room, before you all get excited, I'm talking about the face of the news and the length of time it took me to realize, that I was watching the news before my news.

It was a very slow click of realization as it finally occurred to me, that for once, my twinge had been right on. Was it any surprise that the very first thought that crossed my mind was, "Damn! I could have slept for another hour!"

So here I am, wide awake and blogging, and making the most out of this morning time, before finishing off the a.m. preparations and heading out to the job. As usual, I really would prefer not having to go, but since my latest scratch off ticket, only resulted in my winning my two dollars back, I guess I'll have to earn my keep this week.

On the bright side, at least I'll get to flirt with my favorite customer today. He's sick, he's funny, he's my kind of man ...

It's also obvious when I'm talking to him on the phone. Last week, Joe came into my office after I had hung up the phone, and told me (as he was turning completely red in the face) that my conversation sounded a lot more like phone sex than business.

Which makes me wonder if Joe has ever heard real phone sex, cause last time I checked, laughing and giggling wasn't the preferred method of moaning that most guys who pay for that kind of thing, would like to hear. Still we're talking about a man who blushes when someone flashes him a cucumber, so you can't expect much.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs