KC starts ballet tomorrow.

A fact, which I found out this afternoon at about 2 ish. It seems the intro letter with dates and times, never managed to find its way to my mailbox, despite my frequent jaunts to the curb.

With such short notice, I had to beg my boss to leave a half hour early today, in order to make it into town, before the dance supply store could close. What an experience that was.

Almost a hundred dollars out of my pocket and all we came home with, was a black leotard, a black skirt type thing, nylons that supposedly will never run, and the required tap and ballet shoes.

As I handed over the cash, the first thought that crossed my mind was so much for paying the electric bill this week ... Oh well, it can be my silent protest post black out.

I'm currently listening to Fear Factor in the background, since it's just too disgusting to watch anymore. How hard up do you have to be for money, to do the stunts these people are asked to do?

I'm quite sure that nothing, and I do mean nothing, would ever entice me to eat one slimy slug let alone five or let someone dump a gallon of writhing, wiggly snakes over the top of my head. It's simply not on my to do list, not to mention I have a very weak constitution. I can feel the vomit pooling in my stomach, as I speak.

Speaking of which I did that earlier.

The vomiting thing that is ...(How's that for up close and personal?) It was all quite by accident though, I was walking and talking and then BAM, out of the blue, I swallowed a bug. I shudder to remember. Just the thought of how it tickled my throat on the way down has me feeling queasy all over again!

OK! New subject ...

Let me tell you about the psycho woman I encountered yesterday while driving to the craft store. This may be hard to do considering that there are a lot of adjectives I'd like to use while telling this story.

So there I was, all buckled in, Alanis Morissette crooning in the background, while KC belted out her own made up lyrics from the back-seat, as we approached a 4 way stop. Please note that 4 way stop is highlighted in bold, to indicate that it was indeed a 4 way stop.

Unfortunately, the psycho woman somehow managed to miss the glaring red sign with the big, bold letters that spelled STOP. I, having followed all the proper rules applying to a 4 way stop, was just inching out into the intersection, when I noticed this big beast of a white car, plowing recklessly in my direction.

I slammed the car into reverse.

For those of you, in need of a G rating, please do not read any further ...

"What the f*ck!" I yelled out my window, as the white car squealed to a halt. "That's a f*cking stop sign you idiot!"

To which the stupid wench replied angrily, "I have a child in my car!"

"All the more reason to STOP your damn car when you see a STOP sign you moron!" I screamed back, road rage taking over. It was all I could do, to stay sitting in my car and not get out, to take her to task in person.

Of course, the psycho woman refused to admit that she was in any way wrong, opting to call me a really nasty name instead, as if she was justified.

Steam coming out of my ears, I did the only thing there was left to do.

"Hey Bitch, have a great day." I yelled, a sense of satisfaction welling in my heart, as I watched her lip curl up in a snarl, as she realized I was flipping her the bird.

I'd bet my bottom dollar that my Mother will be shaking her head when she reads this. I can hear her now ...

"Stacey." Deep sigh. "I'm disappointed in you. You should know. reacting like that isn't going to get you anywhere. Road rage is not the answer, besides you shouldn't be talking like that with KC in the car, little pitchers have big ears you know."

(This of course followed by a moment of PARENTAL SILENCE ... so that you may take such sage advice to heart and realize the error of your ways.)

See Mom, even though you're all the way in North Carolina, I can still hear you yelling in my head. If that's not effective parenting, I don't know what is ... That, or I really have to do something about all these voices in my head ...

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs