Oh, do I need a new car.

Things are going wrong. Really wrong. Wrong as in falling off the car wrong.

My father would tell you, I'm hard on cars. In fact, he takes extreme delight in telling people just how hard I am. It's like his favorite running joke, whenever I make the mistake of telling him about a car complaint.

The man doesn't forget a thing. He just blames me for being the sort of girl who has a serious lack of common sense when it comes to cars, and the maintenance thereof. But nobody's perfect!

So I don't always get the oil changed every 3000 miles, and my wiper blades have to be close to falling off before they'll be replaced. And who can blame me,that I have no idea of how to test the tires to see if they have enough air, when I'm more concerned that the muffler is getting ready to fall off and the gas tanks sprung a leak! Which is not even to mention that the little orange engine light has been on for over a month, and contrary to popular belief, no it does not mean that yes, you do have an engine in your car!

So I want a new car. One that I can trust is not going to leave me stranded on some highway in the middle of nowhere, with a white flag hanging from the driver side window. I want a car that will make it to North Carolina and back, so I can take a trip down to see my Mom, with the confidence that I will actually get there. I want a car I can be proud of, and one that doesn't remind people of a little white jelly bean on wheels.

And I need a new car. One I can baby and take care of the right way the first time around. One that I won't be ashamed to claim in a parking lot full of people. One that has perks! Electric windows, automatic locks, a kicking sound system, cruise control and an onboard compass. And my dream of all dreams, a remote control car starter for cold winter weather defrosting, so I can throw my snow brush out the window.

Of course, if I get a new car, I can kiss my vacation plans goodbye, right along with any other plans I might have had for the remainder of this year.

It's a hard choice ... Car payment? Or no car payment?

Maybe I should play the lotto.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs