I didn't meet the man of my dreams today.

In fact, I didn't even come close ... Unless you can count almost senselessly being run down by a quick driving man in a camaro, whom I might add, was sporting a hot pair of shades despite a day of dismal weather.

It was a sad day indeed.

A trip to Walmart emptied my pockets of the last little bit of change I had left, leaving me destitute enough to spend most of the day with my sister, just happy to be around someone for company.

Not that I don't love my older sister, but most of the time, we have very little in common, except for the fact that we share the same DNA and our middle names are both Lynn. (Ask my parents why they couldn't think of something different during the two years that separated our births!)

But it was an interesting experience.

I dragged Amy into the craft section, eagerly looking to see if they had straw angel bodies back in stock, but it was to no avail. There were none to be found.

It was a definite blow to my angel money making plan, to provide extra cash for Christmas presents this year. (Last year, after gussying them up with ribbons, flowers and bows ... I was making a whopping 75% profit on each angel by selling them to the friends, of a friend, of a friend.)

Still, I'm not one to leave empty handed, and much to my surprise, Amy didn't either.

We both decided to try our hands at cross stitching, despite the fact that she'd never done one and the last time I did, I was under the age of thirteen. We may have bitten off more than we can chew, because rather than opting for the easier patterns, both of us chose count stitch patterns from hell with a thousand colors each.

If anyone is willing to wager on whether or not we actually get these done in time for Christmas, let me know. I'd like to bet against myself too.

Of course, I'd like to blame my sister for my choice, because I selected my design based on what one she liked the best. Should I actually complete it, it will be part of the Christmas present I give her. (Don't worry people, I didn't ruin the surprise, the only sister who may occasionally read my ramblings, isn't the one who the present is for.)

Anyhoo, I suppose I have stalled long enough and should get back upstairs, where the project is eagerly awaiting my clumsy, not very good with a needle hands.

Night all.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs