Good morning, Sunday morning and a Happy French Toast Day to everyone, everywhere!

I just finished making KC breakfast, and figured I'd get an early start on my posting, before using the remainder of the day to do a little winterizing around the house.

Not that I really want to do it, but unfortunately, it needs to be done, especially since waking up with the cold in your bones, is hardly the greatest way to start your morning.

Today, all the windows are getting shut, once and for all, until next spring. Outside, it will be time to tip the flower pots, clean up the back deck and then sadly trim the garden down, so that a thick layer of mulch can be applied.

Inside, there will be the typical Sunday dusting and vacuuming, accompanied by a load or two of laundry and maybe, if the floors are lucky, I just might break out the mop and a little lysol, to keep the house smelling fresh and clean.

Emma needs a bath too. But I'm not too sure if I really want to do that again today. Last time around, she took issue with me and attempted to claw me into pieces. Now that I'm fully healed, I'm a bit loathe to deal with the hellion again.

Of course, I am still of the mindset that a clean cat, is a happy cat. So more than likely, I'll be breaking out the kitty shampoo and doing it anyway, despite the impending scars.

As I mentioned in a prior post, yesterday was my nephew's birthday. My Mother will be happy to know, that I gifted the boy with the full original cast recordings of both Les Miserables and Into the Woods. Presents, my nephew was more than excited to receive. Much to my sisters chagrin, the boy has been bitten by the same Broadway bug, that got me, his grandmother and his grandmother before that.

I suppose she thought, that after she got out on her own, she would be in the clear, never having to hear a Broadway musical ever again in her entire life. In her mind, listening to that sort of thing, is the equivalent to being tortured. Of course, I didn't know that, when I bought Jamie two disks, instead of one. Yeah ... right.

But the fun will really begin, once he's learned the words and is able to sing along. I'll have to make a mental note to schedule myself over for coffee that day.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs