Another Saturday morning, another search for things to do. I suppose I could do work around the house. The laundry is practically begging to be done, and the good Lord knows, that a quick swipe with the vacuum cleaner wouldn't be amiss. However, I have bigger and better plans for today, despite the fact that I still haven't figured out exactly what they are quite yet.

Last night, I went to Brenda's after work, getting caught up in the late, all I want to do is get home traffic, on a Friday night. At one point, I was caught on the downside of a hill for about 15 minutes and spent the whole time stressing that my brakes wouldn't be able to hold out. I kept picturing my car coasting down the incline and into the cars in front of me. Not a pretty picture, when I was sure that it was my breaks that were screeching from the strain of being made to stop.

Brenda seems to think that I need to get out more, and I for one, believe she may be right. Sometimes the me I see, is the same lady I can picture when she is 80 years old, bending over to feed her 9 cats and complaining that she never found Mr. Right. Of course, that is the same lady who believed he should be the one to find her and come knocking on the door, bearing flowers and a ring.

At 28, and approaching 29 with speed, I am beginning to know better. Prince Charming, Mr. Right or Mr This Is Going To Have To Be It, is not waiting for an engraved invitation to come and search me out. He expects me to do a little bit of the searching myself.

I think I may be the only person on earth, who is already mad at her future husband, because he's already taken too damn long to appear. It certainly seems to be a sad way to start off a relationship that has yet to evolve.

So I am out of here, maybe to spend today hanging out in Barnes and Noble, so as to catch me an intelligent man. Or maybe I'll simply go wherever the road takes me, like a dream that one was.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs