My friend Donna passed away early this morning after a long battle with cancer, and though it seems unfair for the world to lose such a vivacious person, I cling to the belief that she has gone to a better place.

Donna was the kind of person you could never forget. Whether it was the sound of her laugh, or the way she strutted into a room, everyone would agree, that Donna was the kind of person that made you take notice.

She was never scared to speak her mind, or offer a friendly ear to lend a little motherly advice. It was the little things she did, always going out of her way to do something good for someone else, that set her apart from other people.

With a heart as big as the ocean, Donna took care of both her friends and her family. She took challenges with stride, and met them head on. No mountain was too high for her to climb. If you had asked her, there was nothing that could not be done, if one tried hard enough.

And she did try. Diagnosed more than two years ago, Donna did everything in her power to fight the cancer eating away at her. She fought it aggressively, and never lost faith that she would overcome the disease.

She had the best reasons to fight. A wonderful husband, two beautiful daughters and a bevy of precious grandbabies.

No words I could say right now, would ever be enough to express my heartfelt sympathy, that goes out to all of Donna's loved ones, left behind. Donna will live on in both our hearts and our memories, and it is that, that we must cherish, as we move on into a world without her.

Goodbye my friend ...


Oh, we never know where life will take us
We know it's just a ride on the wheel
And we never know when death will shake us
And we wonder how it will feel, so

Good-bye, my friend
I know I'll never see you again
But the time together through all the years
Will take away the tears
It's ok now
Good-bye, my friend

I've seen alot of things that made me crazy
And I guess I held on to you
I could have run away and left, well maybe,
But it wasn't time and we both knew, so

Good-bye, my friend
I know I'll never see you again
But the love you gave me through all the years
Will take away my tears
I'm ok now
Good-bye, my friend

Life's so fragile and love's so pure
We can't hold on but we try
We watch how quickly it disappears
And we'll never know why
But I'm ok now
Good-bye, my friend
You can go now
Good-bye, my friend



No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs