Raise Your Voices

Received an email from my Mom this morning informing me that my grandfather is in the hospital having been diagnosed with testicular cancer. As I'm a firm believer in the power of positive thought, I'd be forever indebted to any of you who could find time to cast a wish (or a prayer) up into the night sky for strength to fight this disease.

On another note, my stepmother could also use a few friendly wishes for a speedy recuperation. She had her gall bladder removed today and I'm sure she's not feeling her best at the present time.

More from me later if I can wrap my mind around the art of blogging.

8 comments:

Orbling said...

Well, though I'm not religious, I always say a few words, blow a kiss in the right direction, before bed for a few special folk - I'll extend your section of that ofcourse.

I truly hope they caught it in time, and that they'll both start to feel better soon.

"Don't let your sail blow over,
Don't let your ship go down.
Batten down the four leaf clover,
Tell yourself you're glory bound.

And never mind your needless moaning,
Remember how you come into town.

Don't let your heart get weary,
Don't let your lip go down.
Pander to the bright and cheery,
And make an optimistic sound.

And when you feel the wind getting colder,
Remember how you come into town."

KC said...

You're a true gem. Same for the verse you shared. Where does that originate from?

Orbling said...

Sorry, should've quoted that properly...

Like A Rolling Stone; Coope, Boyes & Simpson (originally written/sung by Michael Marra).

L said...

Prayers and good thoughts being sent. Peace for all of you.

KC said...

Thanks L ... Every voice helps.

And thank Karl for the clarification.

Ron Simpson said...

will add our prayers as well .. I was a minister for 20 yrs .. and a great man I knew, said once about someone praying for him .. "It can't hurt ... I need the prayer ... and you need the practice."

Never ever underestimate the power of faith to move the mountains and the molehills ..

Unknown said...

Consider it done...with faith. Tim

KC said...

A big heartfelt thanks to all.

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs