Tired Sprite

My poor babe is unwell tonight, curled up beside me on the couch sleeping off whatever is making her feel unwell. She didn't even get around to having dinner, falling asleep while I was in the kitchen making her soup. One moment she was yelling at Octavia for stepping on her head and the next she was out like a little light, the kitten curled up on her pillow.

And this is one of those moments when I wish I had a magic wand I could wave over her and make her feel better. But for now, I'm just content to let her sleep. Though I haven't quite figured out how I'm going to manage getting her up the stairs in a little bit. It's been a while since I've had to pick her up and carry her, but I can't think of any other way ...

There's no time like the present I suppose. I just hope that I don't go tumbling down the stairs in the attempt.

7 comments:

Orbling said...

Poor KC, at least she can sleep through it - time moves swiftly while we dream.

Hope your little light shines soon.

Don't go tumbling down anything! Can't catch you from this distance...

Hmm, I feel like soup now, have to wait for breakfast....

Reama said...

I've been sick lately too. It's stinky. I totally understand what you're saying though. I've almost killed myself taking my sister to bed when she was completely dead weight.
It's not fun. I'm sure did it with grace though.

KC said...

No tumbles for me, though my cat wasn't my biggest fan last night when I stumbled out of bed and down the stairs to grab some Tylenol ... Guess I should have opened my eyes before I went sleepwalking. Woops.

Tex, feel better. Feeling sick sucks.

Orb, anytime I need catching I'll be sure to give you fair warning so you can work on that distance thing. ;)

Orbling said...

I'm always nervous of anything that can get under my feet. Cats, small dogs, insects, plants, small people...

I've got big feet (15 US size) - not conducive to avoiding small fluffy things at a moments notice.

Though I do love all these things regardless of their squishyness.

KC said...

Somehow I think even a flea would be safe to you ...

I know that sounds "wise" but I think its'\ a good thing.,

Orbling said...

I try not to kill anything, though obviously I have the burden of food so must kill some plants to eat. Other than that I don't. Not flies nor fleas, wasps or bees, and definitely not trees! :)

KC said...

Sounds like a good way to live.

:)

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs