Network problems today had everyone in a tizzy at work. Lucky for me, my computer was running amok, only on the non-neccessity programs, leaving me in the clear to go about my daily grind. One would think that I had planned it all to work out that way, with the amount of whining my fellow staffers aimed in my direction. I don't think they were buying my "Some days you win, some days you lose." theory, although it was the perfect example of such a situation.

In fact, they got so cheeky, that every time I turned my back, someone else had made themselves at home at my desk. Frustrated, I started pacing the hall outside my office, waiting for my own computer to become available. It didn't help my mood much either, when instead of using my computer in a timely fashion, one of the jerks decided to start yakking away on a personal call! Turning red at this point, I pointed myself in the direction of Shirley's office, in full vent.

"I'm going to kill him and there's nothing that anyone can do to stop me!" I yelled, flouncing myself down, into one of the barrel chairs, in high dramatic fashion.

She hesistated a moment, tilting her head to make sure no one was listening at the door. "Kill who?", she whispered.

"Him!"

"Aahhh ..." she said, a little light bulb of recognition going off in here eyes. "What has the Prodigal Son done now?"

"I'll tell you what he's done ... He's taken over MY office, shoved all my things aside and made himself King of the Castle!". I took a quick breath, before continuing, "I've got 15 minutes before I go to lunch, 3 orders I need to Book so they can get TR'd, a guy with a problem only I can solve and no desk with a working computer to do any of it!"

"So tell him to move ..."

I gave her the yeah right, if only it were that easy look. "Already tried that," I said, "He suggested I borrow his desk ... With the non-working computer as if that would be really freaking helpful!"

"I don't know what to tell you kid. Guess you'll just have to wait him out."

"Oh hell with this!" I sighed in exasperation, "I'll just take my lunch now, and if I'm lucky, he'll be gone by the time I get back."

Leaving her to snicker in peace, I headed back to my own office. Boisterous boy, of course, was still there, leaning back in my chair, talking a mile a minute. He barely noticed my entrance, other than to give me the "I'm on the phone, you need to go away" look.

"Whatever," I said to myself, rolling my eyes. "Some people get to be important, others just like to pretend."

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs