Life's Little Lessons

When it comes to learning things the hard way, I'm sure there's a billboard poster somewhere out there with my face on it.

I've got skills. Skills like you wouldn't believe for making the wrong choice, at the wrong time, and shameful as it is to say, usually with the wrong guy.

That being said, I figure it's only fair of me to post a few of the things I've learned over the past couple of years. The following is a tribute to all of my finer mistakes.


  1. Relationship Self-Help Books ... If you ever find yourself having to consult with a turn-the-page-as-you-go guru, you might as well let the relationship meet its inevitable demise right then and there. Relationships either work, or they don't ... Trying to read up on how to make your man stop acting like an asshole is an unachievable dream. Evolution isn't exactly a fast process, if you know what I mean ...
  2. Bridge Jumping ... If you're best friend jumps off a bridge, there is absolutely no rule set in stone that you're required to follow. However it is nice to have someone to commiserate your favorite mistakes with ...
  3. Taste of Freedom ... Moving away to college doesn't make it okay to stay up all night drinking until you puke, sleeping in 'til noon and skipping class to catch the most recent episode of Jeopardy. And under absolutely no circumstance should you risk your academic career to smoke a joint in the college library with a guy, just because you think he's hot ... (Photo evidence of said hotness available upon request.)
  4. But Everyone Else Is ... Having sex isn't like keeping up with the Jones's ... It's okay to wait for the right guy, and the right reason. Don't just do it to "see what you're missing." 9 times out of ten, you'll find out it's not much ... And remember, birth control is not an option!
  5. Honesty ... It's okay to tell your Mother everything ... Although you may want to wait a couple years on the more intensive stuff. Speaking of which, now would be a good time to admit to the keg party I had when my parents were in North Carolina, and I was home from college on break. Ahhh the refreshing sound of honesty.
  6. Mini Me ... Believe your Mother and Father when they warn you, that someday you will have a child just like yourself ... Speaking from nine years of experience, that rumor is completely based on truth!

And that as they say, is more than enough to grow on ...


6 comments:

KC said...

First of all, stop posting the same comments more than once ... Relax on the submit key will ya ... And I don't believe I told my Mom about the 3 footer ... Although I guess I have you to thank for that now ...

And for the record, it was Room 3 and not Room 6 ... And since you certainly don't want me to share any more bathroom incidents, some not including me - cough, cough, cough ... Perhaps you should keep some things to yourself ... Remember, I am quite familiar with Memory Lane, as well as the minor leagues ... I think you get which way the water is flowing.

I'm bored out of my fucking mind! Save me, before I do any more damage!

KC said...

My Mother is going to just love this post ... Don't ya think ... I may be almost 30, but I think I'm about to be grounded.

PS ... Mom, it's all Brenda's fault. She made me do it.

And by the way stop sending me crude email Brenda Gail!
I've posted it below so Nancy can see! Hah ...

STACE

I hit the button on your blog twice again! Should I tell my mom?

YOOHOO - I tried to call the cell phone but it goes straight to the voice mail. What the piss!

Brenda

KC said...

OH MY GOD!!!!

How could you mention the GARAGE DOOR?

I'm thinking of suitable revenge!

KC said...

Whatever Arnold!

I do belive I've gotten the last word.

Coyote Girl said...

A walk down memory lane and a cup of java - a great way to start a gloomy Thursday morning. Just for the record, I have no idea about the garage incident,but then again I have my own high school, college antics and various periods of time in my life where I was quite simply "adrift"...and which I have never shared with anyone other than those involved...Everyone has secrets; I guess this wouldn't be the time to cast my hat into the politcal arena - they might open my closet door and in turn open yours......

Coyote Girl said...

Oh by the way - the keg party is old news...remember the scratch in the hardwood floor in the dining room - evidence of your wayward ways...

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs