A Labor Day of Another Kind

For the record, there is not enough money in this world to ever convince me to do any of the nasty food eating stunts on Fear Factor. I am quite ready to ralph watching tonight's episode where the challenge is to dig into a huge plate of tomato eating caterpillars face first, capture the nasty little creatures with their mouths, chomp them up until they reach liquid form and spit them out into a six inch beaker. At which point, once they have filled the container to the red line, they must down it like a shot of tequila. I don't know about anyone else, but I'd be saying bring on the tequila long before I'd ever say bring on the bugs ... Worm notwithstanding, of course.

Another trip to Barnes and Noble today searching for the perfect book. But my trip was cut short when I suddenly went from feeling fine, to feeling like complete shit. And so instead of searching the aisles like I normally do, in a neat straight up and down fashion, I found myself clutching my forehead in my hand and holding on to a shelf for dear life praying to prevent a fainting spell. Not that I've ever fainted in my entire life, at least not any time that I can honestly remember, which does not include the time I tried it out just to see if I could get a certain someone's attention and a little unneeded CPR. But still, the nausea was so bad, it seemed like a perfectly possible possibility, and I for one was not keen on the idea of going down for the count in the midst of a large group of strangers. Not exactly my idea of a good time, if you know what I mean.

Thankfully enough I managed to make it through the checkout and out to my car, without ever having a bonding moment with their floor, where it occurred to me that I hadn't bothered with either breakfast or lunch. And I could only blame myself for my own stupidity for not having bothered to eat anything of sustenance this morning when I had more than ample time to fix something.

Shopping trip pretty much over as of that point, we headed home, purchase in tow to wrap the small, and yet expensive birthday present for Jamie. Per his own wish list, of which I am a firm believer of not straying from whenever possible, as it's a guaranteed success in the way of gift giving, I bought him the original cast recording of Jesus Christ Superstar. A pretty odd gift for most boys of his age (14) but one I am more than happy to buy when considering two things, (1) he's an honest Broadway buff, who enjoys the thrill of discovering new music and (2) my sister can't stand musicals on any kind. A double edged sword I am quick to yield whenever given the opportunity.

Happy Birthday to my favorite nephew, may you learn all the words to your new CD in a short amount of time and belt them out like the Broadway crooner you are meant to be ...

1 comment:

KC said...

I know you mean well... But shut up.

I simply forgot to eat breakfast and lunch that day, which threw my entire system off kilter, making me feel all disgusting.

And besides, work just upped my co-pay fees ... So unless I'm dying or at least pretty damn close, I'm not wasting the cash.

I had a major shitty day today. Call me and I'll tell you all about it.

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs