Return of the Boys in Blue

Odd happenings again tonight. But then again I should have been able to predict that after seeing the burglar boys estranged wife's car in the driveway when I got home. I was hoping against hope, it was only a car that looked like hers, and that she wasn't back again for the second go round. Turns out, I was wrong on both counts.

Went to bed early tonight just shortly after blogging, and woke up about 45 minutes ago with a pair of extremely bright lights flashing into my eyes. Peeking out behind the curtains, the outline of the car in the dark night gave the telltale signs of having the woo woo's (as KC used to call them) on the top. And as luck would have it, there was not only one, but two state police vehicles in the driveway, handling yet another dispute between the new psycho neighbors that our landlords sacked us with. So much for pre-screening ...

Anyhoo, not wanting to be too nosy but liking to know what's going on in case nutcase next door pulls out an uzi, I opened the windows a bit more to listen in on all the yelling and screaming. Not so easy to do with two police cars idling in the driveway. And just as things appeared to be calming down, someone - not sure which - jumped into their SUV and went roaring off down the road at speeds I'm sure were illegal. Evidently the police officers thought much of the same since both of them jumped into their cars and high-tailed it right after, sending up a nice cloud of dust in our otherwise silent driveway.

With the event over, I was more than ready to go back to sleep. Sleep unfortunately not so easy to fall back into after such a rude awakening. And not for nothing, but all this drama is really getting a bit old. Considering I live with open fields in front, and a secluded marsh in back of my humble abode, I'm not used to having a to be continued episode of cops playing out every other night in the yard.

Yup, you just gotta love it.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs