Strains of Sprains

Well I've managed to blow the remainder of this weekend with what I believe is a sprained ankle, or at least a strained one at best. Not sure when I truly noticed how bad the pain was, but was quick to realize it on the stairs this morning when I ended up coming down on my ass. Let's talk about fun, shall we?

So I'm sitting here, foot elevated and wrapped in an ace bandage, thinking about all the things on my to do list today, that for the most part aren't going to be done. Some things however have to be done, like going to the store for a gallon of milk and just enough food to put in the cupboards so they don't appear completely empty.

And I know this sounds crazy, but I'm giving serious thought to looking for a second job. Not something I want to do indefinitely, but something to bring in some extra fund-age for things like Christmas and who knows, maybe even a car payment ... And I figure, if I can find someone to hire me to work every other weekend, while KC's away at her Dad's, it would be the perfect solution for all. KC won't miss me while I'm at job 2, and I'll have something to fill my time while she's away. Anyway, it's something for me to consider.

No more fireworks around here last night, other than when I got home there was another County Sheriff in the driveway, sporting a flashlight and shining it onto our mailboxes. Never one to be left in the dark to exactly what is going on, I walked up to him as bold as can be, inquiring on whether or not something was wrong ... Yet again. Turns out he was just trying to figure out the house numbers as he was looking for psycho boy's girlfriend. And me, being the concerned citizen that I am, eagerly pointed out exactly which door it was he was looking to knock on. With a wave, good luck and a thanks, I crossed the driveway back to the good side, and called it a night.

I suppose there's no time like the present to start the day ... Sprain, strain or not. Happy Sunday to all ...

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs