The Night Before Back to School

I'm such a Mom ...

I've spent the better part of two hours labeling miscellaneous school items with a sharpie marker, packing KC's backpack, filling out the required back to school forms, calculating the amount of money needed to pay for the first month of school lunches and then writing subsequent check, and finally as the last chore of the night, setting out KC's chosen attire for the big day.

Meanwhile KC went to bed hours ago, eager to rush through a nights sleep in order to start tomorrow all that sooner. The poor kid has been missing her friends something fierce all summer, with everyone scattered in every direction but home.

I suppose that's going to mean my phone will be ringing off the hook again soon, with gaggles of giggling girls calling non-stop to sigh over their third grade boy counterparts. Which means kissing my couch goodbye. Last year KC decided that talking on the phone required flipping herself upside down, hanging her head over the side of the couch and yakking away until her face began to turn purple. Although sometimes it was hard to tell if the purple was from all the blood rushing to her head or the fact that she didn't take the time to stop talking long enough to come up for air.

Either way, I feel a migraine coming on ... She's already asked to have a few girls over for a sleep-over this weekend. But I'm not sure I'm up to that just yet. I still remember well what happened the last time.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs