An Almost Cat-astrophe

A close call today with Emma, and I'm afraid it was all my fault. Stupid me decided to take the cat outside for a bit to enjoy the sunshine, and didn't put her collar on quite tight enough. After spending the first few minutes cautiously surveying her surroundings, my little brain surgeon did a neat little trick, twisting herself just so that her collar was off within seconds, leaving me standing there in a full blown panic that she'd run towards the road, or away to a place where she would never find her way back.

Instead she took off for comfort beneath the car, settling herself smack dab in the middle where she couldn't be reached. Heart thumping speedily, I dropped down onto all fours until I was flat against the driveway and slid myself slowly beneath the car, until my hand managed to grab a handful of black fur. And it wasn't a moment too soon, as just then my neighbors dog Tober decided to make his presence known by watering his favorite tree in our front yard.

Emma not being a big fan of dogs, let me know immediately that it was time to be taken back inside, as her front claws sank deep into my shoulder. Which I did with all due haste, just thankful for the fact that KC was around to witness me coming a little too close to losing her best friend.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs