Extreme Car Buying

Car shopping with Dad tomorrow. Not that I'm going to buy the first thing I see, although knowing the state of my current car, that may not be such a bad idea.

I had the breaks fixed last week and I was so happy that the car was actually stopping, that I went for a ride on roads I knew had lots of stop signs, just to feel them stop. A far cry from the sound of metal rubbing against metal I listened to for over a month.

Still, I'm not so sure buying a new, or even a new to me car is a good idea. Currently I have no car payment, and the thought of acquiring one makes my blood run cold. Especially when I keep reminding myself that winter is right around the corner and God only knows what sort of heating bills we'll experience this year.

The smart me says wait and play it safe. And yet at the same time, I know my car is not exactly the poster child for safe, despite having made some of the necessary repairs.

I guess I'll just have to see how tomorrow goes, although I really hope I don't get attacked by the salespeople. Nothing irritates me more than someone trying just a bit too hard to make a sale. Although, I do suppose that is their job ... Not saying however that I have to like it.

Oh well. I'm feeling a shade melancholy tonight, and am going to stop writing before any of it manages to find its way to written words.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs