Staring Down the Clock

Watching paint dry would have been a lot more exciting then an entire day spent in my office waiting for the phone to ring. Of course that's not saying I was overly happy when it did ring since I really wasn't in the mood to work anyway, and everyone who called seemed to have one problem or another, that I wasn't too keen on having to solve.

Solve them I did however. (No thanks to the numbnut who smucked them up and went awol on us for the day.) Not bothering to even attempt to look busy, I went from room to room in search of intelligent conversation. And though I never did find one, I still managed a few laughs here and there, although some were at my expense. Or as Cheryl found it extremely funny to say, "Ahhh Stacey. You know I'm just busting your chops." As if my chops weren't already broken!

The bossman was even kind enough to let us out a half hour early tonight, and to put it bluntly, you didn't have to ask me twice. I was packed and ready to go within 10 seconds of his statement. It probably didn't hurt that I had been whining all morning either, as I went around shouting, "Did you see it outside? Inclement weather! It's our civic duty to shut down and send everybody home." (Inclement weather seems to be the catch word for all our Southern locations. The merest hint of snowflakes and every plant south of the Mason Dixon line is suddenly closing due to inclement weather. Unfortunately this works against us Yankees. We don't close unless a state of emergency has been declared.)

Must go make dinner now since I don't hear it offering to prepare itself from the kitchen. Oh to have maid service ... I have a dream.

3 comments:

Orbling said...

Well your day sounded stimulating, or perhaps not. At least you got to break early, and the holidays are almost upon us.

I think I would've swapped for that day. Went shopping, got back, went out again, got back, made dinner for my brother and I, then spent the rest of the evening icing the christmas cake, that I made earlier. Managed to miss a few TV programmes that I had earmarked for recording, grrrr....

They should make the days longer at this time of year, the time is under a lot of strain.

Oh well, not long now.

As for the dream, just get a partner that wants to do all the housework, cooking, etc. That's what many people seem to do.

Coyote Girl said...

Ah the holiday comes at last...or sort of...I'm sure you have a zillion last minute things to do and if your home is anything like mine, a mini tornado is my only hope of having the place in order by this evening. This Yankee transplant worked 10 1/2 hours in downpours that occured everytime I got out of the county car to deliver Christmas to clients; shopped for groceries for one client at the Food Lion in one town while my purse resided on my office floor some 14 miles away - can you say oops! And may I add, I pooped out and didn't finish so although the agency is closed today, I will be back out bringing Christmas cheer to more people today, trying to finish my shopping, purchase food items, clean my house, wrap my gifts and so on. And you know what? I have so much more than so many of the people I serve - a healthy mind and body (with the exception of a very sore mouth - the spacers for the braces were put on this week), a reliable vehicle, the ability to come and go at will, a cozy warm home with some personal space, food in the cupboard, friends and family that love and care about me even if almost all of my family are many miles away, a daughter whose blog usually makes me laugh and always keeps me connected electronically to her life's happenings, a job that is moocho stressful, but at times provides great joy and satisfaction, a husband that loves me and a dog and two cats that I think may love me even more!!!May the true spirit of Christmas - love, peace and tranquility bless you, KC, your cats, fish, birds, your home and all the lands of the earth. Please remember our men and women serving overseas in sooo many dangerous places and their families spending the holidays without them and remember those who are alone without the blessing of family and friends.

I remain, as always, your most devoted fan.
YM

PS Hope your dental woes are are their way out! Merry Christmas!

KC said...

Merry Christmas Everyone!

I hope Santa is good to all of you ...

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs