The Tooth Fairy Cometh

Tomorrow is the big wisdom tooth extraction and I can honestly say that I am SO not looking forward to it. Although I think I may be a bit more concerned about what might come out of my mouth in the way of words as I'm going under the anesthesia. A valid concern considering that what I say when I'm fully conscious often runs me amok. I mean what if I say something totally embarrassing, like "Do you come here often?" or "Funny meeting a guy like you in a place like this." And worse yet, "My mother always wanted me to marry a dentist." Not that my Mom ever wanted me to marry a dentist ... Did you Mom? Or perhaps I won't say anything at all, but just drool all over the place, and when I wake up there will be something akin to Niagara Falls puddling at my feet. I figure in the scheme of things, there's about 80,000 possibilities of stupid and horribly embarrassing things I can say or do while I'm going all unconscious in the chair of torture. Then again, if the pain killers do their job, I won't remember a thing.

3 comments:

Orbling said...

I had a wisdom tooth out exactly 3 years ago to the day, only on a local anasthetic, no need for the full knockout. But that took ages, I have long roots - had to have a few stiches. Managed to get a throat infection from it and couldn't eat anything uptil Christmas day...

But you'll be fine, just a little bit lighter. ;)

L said...

Aw - heck - after going under a few weeks ago, I somehow managed to give my Dad directions to some new huge houses they are building not too far from my little abode - and apparently even dialed the phone to listen to the homes' descriptions. I remember none of it. Then we went to get a shake...and apparently I thought I had won an Oscar or something, according to my Dad's description of how I stared at the cup in my hands.... think of it as fun... :)

KC said...

You guys are my hero's ... Thanks for the encouragement!

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs