Spoonful of Sugar

I know I promised not to mention anything more about my teeth, but I just can't seem to help myself. They're all I think about, from the time I wake up until the time I finally fall asleep. My jaw is sore, my lips are numb, my mouth feels like it's filled with glass and I can't imagine how, despite my dwindling supply of pain meds which makes me forget about the pain for a while, I'm supposed to concentrate on anything else. I am a broken record with an incredibly sharp needle. I am girl interrupted. Maybe if I go fix myself a bowl of ice cream, I'll feel better. That is once it melts and I'm able to eat it ...

4 comments:

Orbling said...

Try whipping up the ice cream, that's what I always did when I was younger. So it makes a kind of thick whipped cream. That'll just dissolve nice in your mouth, so no teeth action required. Though it works best with a soft plain ice cream, not to be attended with cookie dough.

Wish I could take the pain away, you don't deserve this at this time of year.

KC said...

It's like you can read my mind ... There was cookie dough in that ice cream last night!!! Albeit I had to pick around it and go for the ice cream only. Drats!

Thanks for the sympathy ... Everyone else is starting to consider my teeth old news. Although I have a sneaky suspicion that if it were their mouths on fire, they'd be complaining just as much as I.

Hope Santa brings you something nice for Christmas!

Orbling said...

That's possibly the one thing worse than waking up in the middle of a dream that was getting good, not waking up when it's going sour....

I've had Christmas tooth pain myself, it's absolutely not the right time of year for it. Not that there is a right time, Feb. 30th perhaps...

You're still in discomfort, so it's not old news, it's current news. Until you stop hurting, we'll maintain sympathy. :)

The eBay-related Postman Santa has been coming regularly, so I've got lots of amusements to be getting onwards. Hopefully you'll be similarly blessed.

Mind you, you're in the fortunate position of having a young child, that'll intensify the magic of christmas. We've run out of young children in my family, I must persuade my brother to start a family.

KC said...

Stop dreaming about the man who brought me only pain! And to think I paid him to do it!!! Ugh!

We're going to go to the Outback just as soon as I'm back to eating solids!

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs