The Ace of Stace

I think I may need to cut back on my reality TV watching. Last night I had a dream that I was telling Donald Trump that I was a whole heck of a lot smarter than most of his chosen candidates, because while I possessed an infinite amount of creativity and energy, I was also blessed with practicality. The Donald for all his pomp and circumstance seemed to agree with me, nodding his head in a you're hired sort of way, and motioning me over in his direction.

"You really think you know what you're doing?" he asked in a conspiratorial whisper. Taking a moment to consider my answer and conceal my bewilderment over how he managed to flop his hair over in such an odd, feathered fashion, I looked him straight in the eye.

"Absolutely," I said, a look of complete seriousness on my face. "And as a good friend once told me, if you can't baffle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit." Eyes crinkling and mouth twitching as if to smile, The Donald laughed at my forwardness.

"You're quite something, aren't you?"

"You betcha," I laughed. "You damn well betcha."

4 comments:

Orbling said...

LOL, I think most people should cut back on their reality TV watching. Even those who haven't seen any could do with forgetting it exists. ;)

Confidence goes a long way, and a poker face helps quite a lot as well.

Maybe a future omen.

KC said...

Reality TV ... The bain of all our existances.

Ah well, at least I still have some standards, unlike the "Real" Gilligans' Island and Oh my God - sigh, cry, stutter - America's Next Top Model ...

:)

Orbling said...

America's Next Top Model? Argh....

I'm reminded of a joke by a British comedian, called Jo Brand.

So what is the difference between a supermodel and a regular one? Well they seem to me to be rather like tampons. The "super" variety is much more expensive, and a bit thicker.

KC said...

You took the words right out of my mouth ...

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs