The Christmas Agenda

How dedicated am I, posting here on Christmas morning?

Actually I'm playing the waiting game, waiting for KC to get home. I also have to wrap a few more presents, tag them, and get them under the tree or packed in the to go box to take them down to Dad's later.

Speaking of Dad he left me a message earlier, wanting to know if I wanted to go with him to my sister's to watch my niece and nephew open their gifts. Evidently since I slept through the phone call, I've opted to pass on that. Surprisingly, my grandmother was also on my machine, calling to say how much she enjoyed the old fashioned hand carved Santa Claus I got her this year. I wish I would have been awake to take her call, but I'll give her a buzz later tonight when I think she's gotten home from my Uncle's. It makes me happy to know that she totally loves it, even though she yelled at me for spending money on her.

As for the rest of this morning, like I said, I've a few more presents to wrap and rearrange under the tree thanks to Em and Tavi fighting like little banshees this morning and knocking all the gifts around in their BC Battle. And Dad will be coming over near the time KC gets home to do his annual video taping of everyone's Christmas morning prior to the main taping this afternoon when everyone meets at his house for the big "it's going to be a poor Christmas" unveiling. Funny, my Dad says that every year and yet every year there are so many damn presents in the living room, one can barely find an empty space to sit down.

Ooops. I almost forgot I've also volunteered to go pick up my sister Audrey who is flying in from Baltimore at the airport in Syracuse this afternoon. The poor kid hasn't had much luck lately. Her studio apartment flooded from an unexpected pipe burst, ruining most of her stuff and her job would only give her today off for the holiday, expecting her back to work tomorrow. Which means she's flying in today and flying right back out tomorrow morning. On the bright side, at least she won't have to spend the holiday alone, albeit it will be a done too soon sort of visit. (Though perhaps knowing how things tend to go whenever my sisters and I all spend too much time alone in cramped quarters, a quick visit is a good thing. Not that we don't all love each other, we just tend to agree that we disagree about most things. That and too many alpha personalities in the same room don't tend to mesh. Although I should mention that I am the cutest and nicest of them all ... Or not.)

I only wish that my Mom lived close enough to share in these same festivities ...

Anyhoo to all of you out there, enjoy your day today. And most importantly remember that Christmas isn't about what you get under the tree, it's about what you take home with you in your hearts. (And God bless us, every one.)

1 comment:

Orbling said...

It is quite remarkable, and uplifting, to see how much effort people make to see each other on that one day of the year.

People give so much effort just to be together, perhaps that is the true miracle of Christmas. Love will build a bridge, and find a way; how true that is.

"God bless us, everyone." - Love that quote. :)

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs