Joy To The World

Spent the day in Syracuse with Dad shopping for bargains, and managed to find a few as we pushed our way through all the other holiday shoppers. Lines were long, elbow room was nil, and had it not been for the help of one especially pleasant and efficient Best Buy employee, I'd still probably be there hunting for DVD's. And considering how long I had searched up and down every single aisle compared to her - and I swear this is true - less than 25 second retrieval of not one but three DVD's, I was impressed. So of course, I told her so. It's not often you find people who know their stuff, and when you do, you damn well have a responsibility to tell them that they rock.

I am also in much better spirits. I think someone upstairs heard my frantic, almost at my edge pleas the other night, and rewarded me with a much needed holiday bonus. A bonus I might add will take care of Christmas, and a few bills I've been running close to behind on. I am a giant sigh of relief ...

Eternal dork that I am, also went out and bought Christmas stockings for Emma and Octavia. KC will be proud of me tomorrow when she gets home. She didn't think it very fair that neither of the cats had stockings of their own. Meanwhile, I'm wondering how much trouble it would be to stuff Octavia in one and attempt to take her picture. Though to be honest, guessing by the way she woke me up this morning by using my toes as a chewing toy, she wouldn't take kindly to this idea.

A day of shopping has me beat and I'm back at it first thing tomorrow morning. Come heck, high water, or a mountain load of snow, I will be completely done with my shopping before this weekend is over.

1 comment:

KC said...

PS ... Octavia did not fit in the stocking.

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs