Brain Games

Believe it or not, I've been doing some reflective thinking this week. And considering the time of year, it seems rather appropriate to have set myself to this task so close to the season of resolutions.

Last year my resolution list was pretty much a joke - just as it was meant to be. I thought I had finally figured out how to get around the guilt of breaking resolutions, by not making any that were actually serious.

I have however decided against maintaining my same lackadaisical attitude from last year, with the plan to make this year's list something worthy of accomplishment.

But before I get to all of that, I thought it might be interesting to take a look back on everything 2004 had to teach me. Unfortunately due to the length of that list, I will be posting that tomorrow, after I've had some time to collect my thoughts.

For now, all I can think about is my bed and the hope that I don't have as many complicated dreams as I had last night. (Ie: Running through a dark forest filled with snakes, swimming to the bottom of an ocean located in my backyard to rescue a group of air travelers in a badly damaged and submerged plane, making mint chocolate chip ice cream cones for a group of people I didn't know ... And waking up wondering What the Fuck??)

3 comments:

Coyote Girl said...

#7 on last's year list was a good resolution and very doable....your dreams would have me buying a good dream interpretation book asap. As far as resolutions, I am seldom able to stick with them unless my mind and heart are fully engaged in the process. In other words, don't set yourself up for failure and on the other hand, it nevers hurts to dream.

Amy S. Petrik said...

I just thought up 25 very realistic resolutions. Go check me out. Have an amazing last two days of 2004. Glad we're friends.

Orbling said...

Resolutions, resolving what is not as it should be. It is a good time to sit and learn the lessons of the year, see how your problems and successes come and go. Most people simply resolve to hope the problems away, and work towards more happiness, success (how those words differ is beyond me) - without really knowing how. That's how the resolutions fall down, in order to do something you have to know how to do it, or which way to start.

So think carefully about your directions, what is most important to you, and KC. Then go for it! Dreams will stay as dreams, unless you reach for the clouds.

I hope your dreams have less snakes tonight, and that the mint choc chip is only being enjoyed by people you know. :)

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs