O Degrees and Holding

Back to the dentist man today and not a moment too soon. Having bored you all with stories of my mouth, my teeth and the subsequent pain for the last two weeks, I will be getting this done and over with today if I have to grab the tweezers myself and yank half of my jawbone out. Done and over with. Period. No ifs, no buts, no let's wait one more week and see if it works itself out on its own. I so do not think so ...

Very disappointed in the minor child's school. Closed again today. For what reason other than it's bitter cold outside I do not know. This however is unusual as the place has a reputation for never, ever closing unless they can't get the engines in the buses to turn over. Now I'm going to have to plead my case to Dad this morning and pray that he'll volunteer to spend a little quality time with his granddaughter today. Although every time I try that line, his general response is, "I already spend more than enough quality time with her." And he does. He even runs her to dance class on Tuesday's. Then again, he's taken to borrowing my car on Tuesday's since the CV is put away for the winter, so maybe I have a bit of leverage. Hmmm.

I've now cut my getting ready time down to half an hour. This usually means I'll be scrambling in the next 20 minutes to get myself in gear, get KC awake and moving, and somehow manage to arrive to work with 3 to 4 minutes, oh who am I kidding - usually late by 5 and never early, and since I've got to add picking up Dad, which consists of 5 minutes in the wrong direction, I can pretty much guarantee my ass is going to be late for work. With that, I'm out of here. Wishing you all a pleasant Tuesday and a last few days of Pre-Christmas shopping.

Nanu nanu.

1 comment:

Orbling said...

Shouldn't worry about being late, you have plenty of justification.

I think that all employers should offer flexitime, at least for parents...

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs