Too Much, Too Soon

Bit of a mistake going to work and to the company holiday party tonight. I went in feeling not so good, and have just gotten home feeling a thousand times worse. And on top of all that, I will be calling Dr. R in the morning for an emergency check up. It seems that there is some sort of sharp object, most likely a shard of broken tooth that has found itself locked inside my gums and with my first adventure in chewing today has broken through, cutting my tongue and making it most difficult to swallow, let alone talk.

The pain is ridiculous and the pain medication no longer touches it. And instead of having a great time with the guys tonight, I was like a mute sitting at the table while everyone else was downing their drinks, clutching my cheek in agony. Not exactly my idea of a good time, when I am a major contributor in the fun and hijinks portion of the evening.

So I'm taking tomorrow to pull myself back together, and get this thing fixed before I'm forced to survive the weekend sucking on this razor inside my mouth. But for now, I think I'll find my bed and call it a night.

1 comment:

Coyote Girl said...

Dental woes abound....I too am experiencing ongoing complications from the extractions I had last week. Evidently a nerve that serves the lower jaw was knicked during the numbing process...I now (8 days later) have a numb lower lip on the left side only and pain along the whole lower left jaw...went back to the dentist and was told, the numbness could be temporary or permanent...let's cheer with our mouths closed for the former...Believe me when I say, I feel your pain. Good luck today - hope you are quickly on the road to recovery.

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs