Easy No Bake Oven

Though I've washed them, my hands are still sticky from my most recent near disaster in the kitchen. And though I can't seem to clear up that feeling that I've still got a little bit of fudge on the tips of my fingers, I've checked them twice and there's not a single spot to find.

Sure that someone other than myself could have made no bake peanut butter pies much faster then myself, I can at least say that they are done and awaiting their debut at work tomorrow to celebrate all the December office birthdays. It was however a close call. Doubling up on the recipe, I almost forgot to double the final ingredient, far too distracted from kicking KC out of the kitchen every two seconds with the admonishment, "No! You cannot lick the bowl just yet!" quickly followed by, "I'll call you when I'm done. Go sit down in the other room. No, not this room. I said the other room."

Of course, she didn't listen. Choosing instead to hover by the door and ask, "You almost done yet? You done yet? When are you going to be done? How come this is taking so long? Can I lick the bowl yet? Is it done now?"

Oh my God!!! Somebody sign me up for sainthood!

3 comments:

Coyote Girl said...

May I ask why you just didn't let KC assist in the preparation of your confections? It could have been a bonding experience...
Also, you've not answered my email...please respond.
Thirdly, sent two pieces of snail mail to your address yesterday (that's a hint to check the mailbox later in the week)
And finally, I miss you. Bernice misses you; the jury is still out on Scout...
PS What's the status of your wisdom tooth?

KC said...

Have you seen the size of my kitchen? I can barely open a can of soup without bumping into the walls. As for KC,she had other pressing business to attend to, which she did her very best to ignore, though I asked her more than once to get a move on. TG for early bedtimes.

As for all your other inquiries, check your email. The answers are contained within.

Ron Simpson said...

only sainthood .. an obvious demotion from the lofty position of "MOM"

My wife Tammy and I have 7 kids betwixt us and 4 grandkids .. Sainthood doesnt even touch some days .. lol .. one day .. not too soon .. but eventually .. KC will call you .. you will hear her kids in the background .. and she will ask, exasperatedly, "Mom, how did you do it?" You will smile when you remember that evening in the kitchen when you almost ruined the peanut butter no-bake pies .. start practicing that smile now

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs