Signing On the Dotted Line

If it's not one thing, it's another.

First the painful bone shard which is still a prominent and annoying feature in my mouth, and now some serious cold/flu related symptoms which with the help of some dayquil has been modified at least a little bit.

In the meantime, KC and I have to run into town really quick, so I can sign on for another year at the townhouse. And it's either sign the lease, or pay $25.00 extra a month to remain lease free. All I have to say is, who knew my little old signature could be worth so much?

But even as I dread having to go out in the cold, I've already got plans on what I'm doing the moment we get back. Couch. Blanket. Movie. And if I'm lucky, maybe even a nap to catch up on all the sleep I didn't get last night, thanks to a runny nose, sore throat, mind numbing fever, and the shard.

Ugh! I remember it was only about a month ago, when I was still 29 and the world was still wonderful. Now that I'm 30, I'm falling apart, breaking down and seeing more gray hairs than I care to admit to. Perhaps I'll stop at the drug store on my way home and grab some home hair color ...

Age gracefully, I think not.

5 comments:

Orbling said...

Couch, Blanket, Movie. Sounds like a plan.

You really shouldn't worry about your age, your still young as anything, best not to wish your life away by feeling any more of your age than is necessary. If you live to a decent age, you're not even 1/3 of the way through yet.

'In your prime'

KC said...

Orb my darling, you are too kind. :) Can I hire you to say nice things to me everyday?

Bren ... Talked to Slugless today. Asked him if we would like to see KC extra this week since she's on winter vacation and he said YUP!

Which means I've got New Year's Eve - for the first time in almost 9 years - FREE!

The question is WHAT ARE WE DOING? RSVP immediately!

KC said...

WTF!!!

I am signing off immediately to allow you some phone vent time.

Not to worry about rent. I'm in the same not so slowly sinking boat. It's going to be fun to see how I'm going to swing the budget out of the black this January.

Calling ...

KC said...

Sweet dreams and no worries. Things always look better in the morning.

Orbling said...

Kindness don't cost a thing. So no hiring. If you appear to need a shoulder, or a mellow voice, I'll be what I can be. Such that it is.

"Everyday I see the mornin' come on in the same old way.
I tell myself tomorrow brings me things I would not dream today."
-- A Song For Jeffrey, Jethro Tull

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs