Half Asleep and Typing

Fairly close to crashing and burning. But then again, it's been a few days since I've put in a full day of work at the office. I spent the first half hour of my morning trying to figure out why I couldn't get my computer signed on to the network and was about to call the IT department, when I noticed someone had tried to crush my ficus with one of the faux leather chairs. And as I went to move the chair back to its normal position in front of my desk, I suddenly realized why my computer was the only one with issues. It seems, that whomever decided to borrow my office while I was out on Friday - JAKE - my supposed good friend!!! - unplugged the green cable that connects me to the network and didn't bother to plug it back in. If he had been in the office, I would have strangled him. Lucky for him, he was on the road.

KC is still not feeling up to par and though she was determined to go back to school, she lucked out and school was cancelled. This of course didn't make my day when I realized how much money I'd have to shell out for an entire day at the sitters. Oy!

But like I said, it's an early night for the both of us. KC and I are going to camp out in my room and watch movies until we fall asleep.

5 comments:

Orbling said...

As my old computing teacher always said to me "Is it plugged in?"... ;)

"KC and I are going to camp out in my room and watch movies until we fall asleep." - doesn't get much better than that.

KC said...

Unless your 6 year old daughter makes you watch repeated episodes of Rugrats turning down all your movie suggestions!

So much for being in control of the remote!

Orbling said...

Rugrats is alright, personally I would invest (already have) in Fraggle Rock videos - infinitely more watchable.

Try her on films like Muppet Christmas Carol.

KC said...

I used to love Fraggle Rock ... Although I have to admit, it's been a while and I can't really remember all of their names but if I do remember correctly, I liked the girl fraggle with the red hair ... Whimsy? You'll have to correct me if I'm wrong.

As for Muppet Christmas ... I so own it on DVD. Right along with a couple other Muppet favorites. Call me crazy but Fozzie Bear was always my dream man. A Wacka, wacka, wacka ...

Orbling said...

That girl was called Red, she was a live-wire.

Fozzie Bear was brilliant, kind, emotional, tries hard. The world could do with more of those characters.

My favourite muppet character was Beaker, just cracks me up whenever he makes his mimoo-mimoo sound, with his flapping mouth. :)

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs