For the Girls ...

Men.

The very word sends chills to my soul. Good chills. Bad chills. Cold chills. Hot chills. Chills of pleasure. Chills of pain. Chills, chills, chills ...

Sometimes a girl can get lucky and find the man of her dreams. The kind of man who will take the time to get to know her, appreciate the individual that she is, and respect her enough to be honest, considerate, kind, and generous - in and out of bed.

But as we women know, you don't always get the pick of the litter on your first go round. In fact, sometimes finding the right one can take years. Seemingly endless years of aloneness as you wait for Prince Charming to get it all figured out and come knocking on your door. (Note: Prince Charming does not have your address! Do not depend on him to stop and ask anyone for directions to your humble abode. Remember girls, without your help, Prince Charming is as helpless as a babe in the woods!)

So it's no wonder that so many single women out there have chosen to make do. To take what's come along because it's there. To - and dare I say this - let go of more than a few standards in order to bag their man.

My friends, I stand before you today to tell you that I too am guilty in dating the "It's this or nothing man." The kind of guy I wouldn't have looked twice at, if it hadn't been for one small thing ... Desperation.

Desperation is an evil bedfellow. It sneaks in through the back door when you're not looking, sits down on your couch, and before you know has its feet propped up on your freshly polished coffee table. From there it wanders its way down your halls directly to your bedroom, reminding you each and every night that there is exactly one foot of empty space on each side of you as you sleep. And it wakes you up in the morning making you wish for the smell of someone else's bad morning breath, and that first morning kiss hello. Yes, desperation can make you do funny things.

But women, even though drastic times sometimes call for drastic measures this desperate girl has learned a few valuable lessons along her way. Dating a guy who doesn't bother to ask you anything about yourself, talks about his job, his ex, or his mother 24/7, works massive amounts of overtime and offers lame excuses for why he can make time for everyone else but you, and wouldn't know how to keep a promise or a date if his life depended on it, is NOT THE KIND OF GUY YOU NEED MESSING WITH YOUR HEART OR HEAD.

Let me provide you with some examples ... (And it would help here if you thought of this as "He might be a redneck if ...)

If your man drives across the state to make his living but tells you he can't come over to see you because it's snowing ... He's a fuckwit.

If your man calls you on the phone every night, allowing for only a half hour of conversation while only talking about himself and his day ... He's not only an egocentric jerk, he's also a complete fuckwit.

If your man introduces you to his family, but then refuses to meet yours ... He is a major fuckwit.

If your man makes plans with you and then goes AWOL for undisclosed periods of time while you wait at home, watching the phone and crying your tender little heart out ... He's the biggest fuckwit on the planet.

If your man refuses to talk to you either on the phone, on the computer, or through the use of smoke signals while acting like he needs to take a massive dose of midol because he needs his alone time despite the fact that he hasn't seen you in days ... He is, and let there be no doubt, the most incredible fuckwit you've ever met.

And finally ...

If you go to your mans house after he refuses to talk to you through any means of popular communication devices and refuses to let you in while you stand on his front porch, cell phone pressed to your ear only to have him refuse to answer the door or phone so that you can dump his ass in person ... Dump his ass immediately even if it means shouting at the top of your lungs and embarrassing him in front of all his neighbors! And I repeat, DO NOT ... DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT taking him back! For as far as fuckwittage goes, he is a total bastard fuckwit who never deserved to swap spit with you in the first place!

And for God's sake, if all of the above has happened to you and you continue to make excuses for him, and let him get away with treating you like dirt, do yourself a favor and break up with the man. Your self respect is worth far more than this fuckwit! (Thanks to a certain ex-marine for teaching me these lovely little life/dating lessons.)

So women PLEASE don't take a page out of my book and subject yourself to learning about fuckwits the hard way ... Get your ducks in order, print the worksheet below, and for goodness sake, DUMP THAT MAN!

(Worksheet created by Kate Fillion & Ellen Ladowsky in How To Dump A Guy: (A Coward's Manual)

12 comments:

KC said...

Didn't I just spend almost two hours with you on the phone?

Just take my advice and remember to gag Martin so that he doesn't ruin the Usher thing ... Remember "you no talk." Heh, heh, heh ...

Ah well, reap the benefits if you can is all I have to say on that.

L said...

Anyone else find this funny?

Better Together: Buy this book with How to Make Anyone Fall in Love with You by Leil Lowndes today!

KC said...

That I wouldn't know ... I'm far better at breaking up with people than falling in love.

You know, maybe I should buy that book. Hmmmm ...

Orbling said...

The trouble with waiting for Prince Charming, is that the sexes are roughly 50/50 in this world, and by no means all men are Prince Charming. No Prince Charming would split themselves between multiple women, so that means there are going to be a lot of women waiting around indefinitely.


The desperation thing effects us all, men and women, and the "it's this or nothing" person has got to be familiar to many. Women I feel have a big advantage though.

You can have children with the "this or nothing" man, or a roving philanderer, and end up with loving children, rather than nothing. When men do this and it splits up (as bad matches usually do these days), they end up with nothing at all. Maybe rare contact.

I know many a desparing, terminally single man with no family. There are far fewer terminally single, childless women.

Whoops, apologies for the rant. Think I triggered my "no contact with offspring" fear.

Men: The Redundant Half.

KC said...

No apologies needed ... Good opinion from the other side of the coin. Would say more but I'm off to work.

Reama said...

Stace, add this to your list.
If your man gets mad at you for laughing at nothing while you're at a restraunt late at night eating icecream. Then, you both return to your apartment followed by a ride in silence just to sit in the car in the parking-lot, not saying a word to one another. OH! And add this one.
If your man (same guy) gives you the silent treatment for 4 1/2 hours while still sitting at your house all day on Sunday. (We went to church, then came home from church and he started the silent treatment... and stayed at my house the whole time! If you aren't going to talk, leave!)
OH and this one has to be on the list.
If your man (different guy) gives you the '*sigh* fine' in a pouty tone everytime you tell him you are going to a friend's house instead of heading straight home to call him.

KC said...

Maybe we should all get together and make one big co-blog to share all our troubles with the opposite sex ... Then we can have really big lists to add on to!

Who's interested? Email me!

Politically Homeless said...

Hehe. I'm loving your list. Of course, in my experience those fuckwits are the ones the girls always go for first. Non-fuckwits have to be there to pick up the pieces until they dump you for the next fuckwit in line. Not that I'm speaking from experience of course ;)

Great post!

Orbling said...

LOL, definitely know what Brian is getting at there. ;)

Why on earth do the majority of women seem to prefer the nasty side of men? Must like having something to complain about.

I'll never get it.

KC said...

Let's see ...

Great guy you can take home to meet your parents, likes you, likes your kid, good attitude, self-sufficient, hard worker, and ready for a relationship.

OR

Guy who spends his entire time complaining about everything under the sun, makes promises he doesn't intend to keep, treats you like a puppet on a string, and for all intents and purposes makes you feel like you don't matter.

Hmmmm ... I know my choice. Bring on the good guy!

(Note: Still accepting applications for the title of boyfriend/future husband. Must have qualities listed above for "great guy" and none of the qualities of a fuckwit. Granted we understand that no one is perfect and can make small sized mistakes from time to time ... So Prince Charming - if you really do exist - I'm not necessarily looking for you, but if you have a brother who can meet even half of the qualities I'm looking for, give him my name and number. OK?)

fairygirl701 said...

I to made the mistake of settling for "mr right there"=my first husband. Afterwards, I dated a guy who "seemed" to be perfect. My sister gave me lectures as to why he was so great, why I was too old to be still single, etc. etc. But I knew that he wasn't the one. Not to mention the fact that he lied alot and was up to his a** in debt. Thank god I listened to my own intuition and guess what--mr right came along! Today I have no doubts that I made the right choice marrying chuck. Like your blog--surfed on from Brian's Cheers!

Orbling said...

Lying is always an awful sign, possibly the worst. Nothing quite so bad as a lier in my opinion.

Good to see you would pick the good guy Stacey, though I find that in practice, people tend to forget what they wanted and pick something that looked interesting at the time.

This happens to me a lot in restaurants. I'll not have decided by the time the waiter asks me what I want, and I'll be startled and order something I wasn't even considering. Darn decisions, who said choice was good.

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs